Home Study - Special Feature Webinar: Evidence-Based Methods for Sterility and High Level Disinfection Assurance: The Path to High Reliability
This Home Study offers Continuing Education (CE)/Continuing Medical Education (CME) accredited content to all health care providers who support the full range of military operations in order to sustain the health of all those entrusted to DHA’s medical care. The event will:
• Instruct health care providers on successful implementation of relevant evidence-based and best practice strategies for the health care team.
• Demonstrate how learning new skills will improve overall readiness, health outcomes, and possibly reduce unnecessary costs.
• Engage learners in specific training and case vignettes for the application of acquired skills in instilling the importance of applying improvements in the collaborative team approach, which results in positively impacting patient care.
This event will highlight the importance of an effective sterility and disinfection program for surgical instruments and explore the clinical and business impact associated with the implementation of these protocols. The use of adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-based technology will also be presented as a tool to assess the adequacy of the sterility and disinfection process. The primary focus of this event aims to enhance the quality of patient outcomes and population health by providing advanced CE/CME opportunities to improve the practice, skills, and knowledge of health care providers across the Military Health System (MHS).
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, optometrists, social workers, psychologists, dentists, dental hygienists, dental technicians, registered dieticians, dietetic technicians, occupational therapists, case managers, healthcare executives, audiologists and speech language pathologists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- *For Instructional personnel disclosure information, click on the speaker's bio link.
- Explain the business and clinical impact associated with contaminated surgical instruments.
- Identify the recommended elements of an effective endoscope reprocessing system.
- Summarize how clinical audits work, including the strengths and weaknesses of the process.
- Describe how clinical audits can help improve reprocessing practices to increase quality and safety.
- Select three common cleaning verification technologies used during the audit process and recommended elements for an effective system.
- Illustrate how ATP-based technology works and aligns with recommended elements.
- Outline how ATP-based technology, when integrated to a quality control program, helps improve quality and safety.
- 1.50 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.50 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.50 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.50 hours for completing this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity.
- 1.50 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 1.50 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 1.50 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-21-015-H04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 1.50 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 1.50 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-21-015-H04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 1.50 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 1.50 ADA
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Enduring Material (Home Study) for a maximum of 1.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This live course is offered at 0.15 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 1.50 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.50 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.50 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 1.50 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #: 69916-PB
COPE Activity/Event #: 120410
- 1.50 ASHAAmerican Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
Course # is ABIT2007
Course # is ABIT2007 - Intermediate level, Professional area LevelDefense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is approved by the Continuing Education board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology, and audiology. ASHA CE Provider approval and use of the Brand Block does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products or clinical procedures.
0.15 ASHA CEUs
- 1.50 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 1.50 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.50 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 1.50 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: I00044137 Approval Number: 200139050
- 1.50 CDR
The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 1.50 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/material.
- 1.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.