S07- Promising Practices within the Hearing Center of Excellence
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Physician Assistants, Optometrists, Social Workers, Psychologists, Case Managers, Counselors, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Kinesiotherapists, Healthcare Executives, and other health care professionals who support/ care for U.S. active-duty service members, reservists, Coast Guard, Public Health Service, National Guardsmen, military veterans and their families.
- Summarize the mission and goals of the Hearing Center of Excellence (HCE).
- Identify how the HCE assist our Service Members.
- Recognize areas the HCE help other medical professionals outside of the Military Health System (MHS).
- Dr. Andrew Fallon has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity; or presenter(s) must disclose the type of affiliation/financial interest (e.g. employee, speaker, consultant, principal investigator, grant recipient) with company name(s) included.
- The views expressed in this presentation are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of Defense, not the U.S. Government.
- This continuing education activity is managed and accredited by the Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (DHA J-7 CEPO). DHA J-7 CEPO and all accrediting organizations do not support or endorse any product or service mentioned in this activity.
- DHA J-7 CEPO staff, as well as activity planners and reviewers have no relevant financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- Commercial support was not received for this activity.
Andrew Fallon, Au.D., ABA
Clinical Audiologist, Department of Defense (DoD), Hearing Center of Excellence
Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
Dr. Andrew Fallon is a Clinical Audiologist for the Department of Defense Hearing Center of Excellence (DoD, HCE). Dr. Fallon serves as a subject matter expert, both leading and providing support for HCE research and clinical endeavors using his background knowledge in information technology. Projects currently underway include facilitating the use of online learning management systems, standardization of clinical coding, TeleAudiology standards, migration and merging of legacy and current day patient information data bases and the systematic evaluation and implementation of next-generation clinical testing software.
Dr. Fallon earned his Doctorate in Audiology from the University of Florida at Gainesville.
Prior to coming to work for the DoD, Dr. Fallon has served previously as both a Clinical Audiologist and as program director for an adult cochlear implant program. Dr. Fallon has previously worked as a software programmer designing and creating Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software for private-practice Audiology clinics.
- 1.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 1.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-19-104-L04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 1.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-19-104-L04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 1.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This course is offered at 0.1 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 1.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.00 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #:
COPE Activity/Event #:
- 1.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 1.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 1.00 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: I00038511 Approval Number: 190003032
- 1.00 COPSKTProvider # is 082219
This continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 1.00 contact hours/0.1 CEU. DHA, J-7, CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 1.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- 1.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this activity.