RHCE 2019 Fall Medical Surgical Conference: Primary Care/Medicine: Day 1
- Identify prevalence, complications, pathophysiology, evaluation, and treatment methods associated with obesity.
- Summarize Rheumatoid Arthritis updates.
- Outline the diagnostic criteria and disease definitions including fibromyalgia and IgG4 Related Disease.
- Compare different rheumatoid related drug therapies.
- Develop a differential for common CBC abnormalities.
- Discuss a system for initial work-up of common CBC abnormalities.
- Comprehend the philosophy and methodology behind Osteopathic Medicine
- Demonstrate soft tissue, muscle energy, and counter strain techniques for credential certification.
MAJ Harris M. Baloch, MD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
MAJ Hector A. Medina, MD, MC, USA. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
MAJ Matthew Wright, MD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
CPT Samuel Galima D.O. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
CPT Nathanial Cranney D.O. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 5.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 5.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 5.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 5.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 5.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.00 AOTA5.000.5 AOTA CEUs. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office is an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive
- 5.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 5.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 5.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 5.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 5.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 5.00 COPSKTThis continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 5.00 contact hours/0.5 CEU. DHA J-7 CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 5.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 5.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA J-7 CEPO. DHA J-7 CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 5.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- 5.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 5.00 hours for completing this activity.