Regional Health Command Europe (RHCE) 2019 Fall Medical Surgical Conference: Primary Care/Medicine
RHCE Fall Medical Surgical CME/CE Training (21 November – 23 November 2019)
Quality & Safety: “Implementing Evidence, Impacting Patients”
Track: Primary Care Track Leader(s): LTC Matthew D. Rodgers Classroom: Grand Ballroom
Wed, 20 Nov
Thursday, 21 Nov
Friday, 22 Nov
Saturday, 23 Nov
1500 – 1800
Pick up Conference Packet 1500-1800
Opening & Administrative Remarks
COL Patrick J. Contino - 10 min
BG Ronald T. Stephens - 10 min
Electronic Health Record Future State
COL Miko Y. Watkins
Quality, Safety, and Technology
LTC Robert J. Cornfeld
At War with Fatigue
LTC Matthew D. Rodgers
Obesity: Why and How to Treat
MAJ Harris M. Baloch
Treatment of Acne and Selection of Appropriate Topical Corticosteroids (1hr)
LtCol Sean C. Mccarthy
ACS NSQIP: Preventing Complication, Reducing Cost, Improving Surgical Care (1hr)
Mrs. Deborah A. Hartman
MAJ Hector A. Medina
Biopsy Techniques & General Dermatology
MAJ David W. Cowart
Dr. Ruthann A. Looper Mrs. Audra A. Stock
Interpreting the ANAM for providers
Dr. John E. Meyers
A Crash Course in the CBC
MAJ Matthew S. Wright
A Case-based Approach to Antibiotic Stewardship (1hr)
LtCol Charla C. Geist
Ms. Casey R. Becker
Restaurant closes at 1330
Restaurant closes at 1330
(Future Engagement Lunch)
Award Ceremony (1210-1230)
Restaurant closes at 1330
Osteopathic Manipulation Treatment (OMT) Workshop
CPT Samuel V. Galima
Dyspnea, Nodules, and Things In Between: Topics in pulmonary medicine
MAJ Gregory S. Brown
Hotel Check Out Before 1200
Osteopathic Manipulation Treatment (OMT) Workshop (1hr)
CPT Nathanial D. Cranney
Abnormal Liver Function Tests (LFT’s)
LTC Michael C. Hjelkrem
Neuro Red Flags
MAJ Kaye E. Sedarsky
Improving Outcomes for CPR
MAJ Jeremy W. Docekal
Ice Breaker Dinner
(Market Station Buffet)
- 16.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 16.00 hours for completing this activity.
- 16.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 16.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 16.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 16.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 16.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This course is offered at 1.6 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 16.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 16.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 16.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 16.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 16.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 16.00 COPSKTProvider # is
This continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 16.00 contact hours/1.6 CEU. DHA, J-7, CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 16.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 16.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 16.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 16.00 hours for completing this activity.