Project CARE/FAAST Summit: "Laser Lab" Day 01
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, and social workers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Identify a new strategy for full-thickness skin grafting that causes no donor site scarring.
- Evaluate the use of different kinds of grafting for different clinical applications.
- Explain tissue copying.
- Interpret the complexity in the creation and management of contracture scars and possible approaches to treatment.
- Select which type of contracture scars are best suited by surgery, laser, or a combination of both in order to achieve optimal results.
- Summarize laser treatment of complex, multi-modal scarring and strategic approaches to maximize outcomes with the fewest treatment sessions.
Jill Waibel, MD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Rox Anderson, MD, FAAD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 3.25 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 3.25 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.25 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 3.25 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.25 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This live course is offered at 0.325 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 3.25 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 3.25 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 3.25 Certificate of Attendance
- 3.25 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 3.25 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.