In- Person Workshop - Introduction of Mobile Health into Clinical Care 2-OCT-2019 - Camp Lejeune, NC
This workshop aims to train military providers on the core competencies of integrating mobile health technologies in clinical care, including mobile health applications and websites developed by the DOD/VA. In this training we will examine the present state of the field regarding best practices in mobile health integration in clinical care. We will dissect the five core mobile health clinical competencies for providers including: evidence base, clinical integration, security and privacy, ethics, cultural issues. This training takes a practical approach to learning and attendees will leave feeling competent to use such tools in their clinical practice.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, social workers, counselors, kinesiotherapists, case managers, and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Evaluate the empirical research regarding the use of mobile applications in clinical practice.
- Describe the value, opportunities and barriers in provider adoption of mobile health.
- Explain and apply the core competencies of mobile health in clinical care.
- Identify and articulate security and privacy concerns and solutions related to using technology in clinical practice, and demonstrate the ability to address security and privacy questions posed by patients.
- Identify and articulate ethical and cultural concerns and solutions related to using ethics and addressing cultural considerations in clinical practice, and demonstrate the ability to address ethical and cultural questions posed by patients.
Julie Kinn, Ph.D.
Education & Training Program Lead
Connected Health Branch, Defense Health Agency
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Mr. Brien Smith
Connected Health Instructor
Support for Connected Health Branch
Connected Health Branch, Defense Health Agency
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
- 2.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 2.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 2.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 2.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-19-123-L04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 2.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 2.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-19-123-L04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 2.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 2.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This course is offered at 0.2 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 2.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 2.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 2.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 2.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 2.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 2.00 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 2.00 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: S00039037 Approval Number: 190003562
- 2.00 COPSKTProvider # is
This continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 2.00 contact hours/0.2 CEU. DHA, J-7, CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 2.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 2.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- 2.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 2.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.