Nurse Case Manager Workshop Day 3
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of nurses and case managers who support/care for U.S. active-duty service members, reservists, National Guardsmen, military veterans and their families.
- Comprehend components of the Behavioral Health System of Care (BHSOC).
- Discuss criteria for the High Interest List.
- Summarize the role of the case manager for EBM, and Transgender care.
- Identify the key points for network referred care.
- Discuss reasons to become certified.
- Summarize general requirements and costs for certification.
- Differentiate between certifying entities for Case Management.
- Comprehend the background of the A3 Tool.
- Explain the steps in the 8-Step Practical Problem Solving as a method for solving problems and A3 as a tool for documenting the journey.
- Generate an A3 through a simulation.
Medical Management & Project Red
A3 & 8 Step Process - Practical Application (cont. from 6 Nov)
Closing Remarks and Awards
- Michael Gray, RN-BC, CCM. has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Marsha H. Graham, DAC, RN, MSN has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Kelly Hardee Wheeler, MBA has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- The views expressed in this presentation are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of Defense (DoD), nor the U.S. Government.
- This continuing education activity is managed and accredited by the Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (DHA J-7 CEPO). DHA J-7 CEPO and all accrediting organizations do not support or endorse any product or service mentioned in this activity.
- DHA J-7 CEPO staff, as well as activity planners and reviewers have no relevant financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- Commercial support was not received for this activity.
This CE activity is provided by the DHA J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for psychologists and social workers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- 3.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 3.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 3.00 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 3.00 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: C00039470 Approval Number: 190003995
- 3.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 3.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.