Nurse Case Manager Workshop Day 1
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of nurses and case managers who support/care for U.S. active-duty service members, reservists, National Guardsmen, military veterans and their families.
- Discuss differences between United States (US) law and the General data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Compare GDPR to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
- Summarize basic rules for consent under GDPR.
- Analyze areas in which nurse case management services address the Joint Commission Standards.
- Compare roles in transition of care standards.
- Explain the importance of proper care planning.
- Demonstrate accurate documentation
- Identify and implement aspects of health literacy.
- Discuss at least four of the competencies cited in the CMSA definition of case management.
- Contrast the three distinct categories of knowledge, skills, and abilities that can be used to assess competency.
- Summarize the mandated training and competency requirements for Army case management.
- Compare the importance of training to successful performance.
- Summarize the process for disclosure of information.
- Identify instances where disclosure can occur without consent.
- Explain the Minimum Necessary rule.
- Discuss Command Notice requirements.
Welcome and Introductions
NCM Competency Requirements
Documentation/TSWF & Coding
TJC Standards and NCM
Legal Issues and CM Challenges
EU Data Protection Laws
- LTC Ida F. Agamy. JD has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Marsha H. Graham, DAC, RN, MSN has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- CPT Rose Manktelow, AN has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- The views expressed in this presentation are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of Defense (DoD), nor the U.S. Government.
- This continuing education activity is managed and accredited by the Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (DHA J-7 CEPO). DHA J-7 CEPO and all accrediting organizations do not support or endorse any product or service mentioned in this activity.
- DHA J-7 CEPO staff, as well as activity planners and reviewers have no relevant financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- Commercial support was not received for this activity.
This CE activity is provided by the DHA J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for psychologists and social workers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- 4.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 4.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 4.00 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 4.00 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: C00039470 Approval Number:
- 4.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 4.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.