MRC-E 2022 Fall CME Conference: Leading Practices in Changing Environment-NURSING TRACK DAY 3
Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, non-physician AMA PRA Category 1 Credit, social workers, dentists, physician assistants, pharmacists, dentists, registered dietitians, athletic trainers, and a certificate of attendance.
- Examine the evidence-based lifestyle approaches to lifestyle medicine.
- Discuss strategies to prevent, treat and reverse chronic disease.
- Review contraception options.
- Recognize contraindications.
- Discuss other benefits of contraception.
- Review the cervical cancer screenings: the why, how, when, and what the guidelines are based on.
- Explain cervical cancer screening recommendations in accordance of the newly released 2020 ASCCP guidelines.
- Identify tools/scenarios relevant to current practice to enable all providers to evaluate results and determine appropriate plan of care.
Michael Epperly, M.D., FAAP, CAPT
Mary Kathryn "Katie" Collins, DO, FACOG.
Amanda R. Wholly, MSN, WHNP-BC
- 6.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 6.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-22-268-L04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 6.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 6.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-22-268-L04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 6.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 6.00 ADA
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 6.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 APTAAmerican Physical Therapy Association (APTA)The DHA, J-7, CEPO is an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive 0.6 APTA CEUs. The assignment of APTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by APTA. APTA CEUs are accepted by most state PT licensing boards. Learners are encouraged to check with their local chapter or state board to ensure that they accept APTA accredited courses for licensure renewal.
- 6.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 6.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 6.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.00 BOCBoard of Certification for the Athletic Trainer (BOC)The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (BOC AP #: P12034) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers (ATs). This program is eligible for a maximum of 6.00 hours/Continuing Education Units (CEUs). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- 6.00 CDR
The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 6.00 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/material.
- 6.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.