MRC-E 2022 Fall CME Conference: Leading Practices in Changing Environment-NURSING TRACK DAY 2
Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, non-physician AMA PRA Category 1 Credit, social workers, dentists, physician assistants, pharmacists, dentists, registered dietitians, athletic trainers, and a certificate of attendance.
- Review the DSM-5 Criteria for Alcohol Use Disorder.
- Incorporate brief interventions to their practice.
- Discuss the role of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT).
- Describe the six components of evidence-based respectful maternity care (RMC).
- Discuss evidence-based actions that support respectful maternity care.
- Integrate respectful maternity care actions into personal nursing practice.
- Define hypertension and how it is diagnosed.
- Review the rationale for treating hypertension, and recommended blood pressure goals.
- Improve competence and performance in the diagnosis of hypertension
- Identify at least three factors that make the operating room particularly susceptible to adverse events and patient harm.
- Discuss three reasons why building a culture of safety and progressing towards high reliability benefits the Defense Health Agency.
- Explain at least three safety improvements discussed in this presentation to optimize surgical team communication, improve healthcare quality, and decrease risk.
- Identify leading practices.
- Review the unique challenges of COVID-19 mass vaccination in OCONUS.
- Explain the most common errors and patient safety reports.
- Identify at least two risk factors for intimate partner violence.
- Discuss techniques to screen for intimate partner violence
- Review resources for OCONUS service members and spouses experiencing intimate partner violence.
Army Lt. Col. Marlene Arias-Reynoso, DNP, PMHNP, CARNAP
Jennifer E. Wissemann, D.N.P., RNC-LRN, RNC-OB, CNE, C-ONQS
MAJ (P) Brando Jobity DNP, FNP-BC
LTC Christopher Stucky, PhD, RN, CNOR, CSSM, RN-BC, NEA-BC
MAJ Ghariwayne Fornillos, MSN, APRN, ACNS-BC
Army MAJ Rebeccah Dindinger, DNP, RNC-OB, IBCLC
- 6.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 6.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 6.00 hours for completing this activity.
- 6.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-22-255-L04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 6.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 6.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-22-255-L04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 6.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 6.00 ADA
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 6.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 APTAAmerican Physical Therapy Association (APTA)The DHA, J-7, CEPO is an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive 0.6 APTA CEUs. The assignment of APTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by APTA. APTA CEUs are accepted by most state PT licensing boards. Learners are encouraged to check with their local chapter or state board to ensure that they accept APTA accredited courses for licensure renewal.
- 6.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 6.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 6.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.00 BOCBoard of Certification for the Athletic Trainer (BOC)The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (BOC AP #: P12034) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers (ATs). This program is eligible for a maximum of 6.00 hours/Continuing Education Units (CEUs). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- 6.00 CDR
The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 6.00 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/material.
- 6.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.