Medical Center of Excellence (MEDCoE): Clinical Pharmacy Course – Day 2, 21 MAR 2023, Pharmacy Technician
This activity provides continuing education for pharmacy technicians. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Explain information gathering techniques and documentation.
- Summarize improvements to patient education with the clinical pharmacy technician.
- Delineate ways the clinical pharmacy technician can document and improve the patient pharmacy experience.
- Describe various military health system (MHS) clinical pharmacy services.
- Explain the clinical pharmacy technician role in supporting clinical pharmacy services.
- Identify patient and medical staff communication methods for clinical pharmacy technicians to promote clinical pharmacy services.
- Describe the DoD formulary process.
- Describe the role of the DoD Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Differentiate behavioral health screening tools.
- Identify drug classes that qualify for psychotropic polypharmacy.
- Identify clinical pharmacy cost reduction strategies for high-cost medications and non-formulary medications.
- Describe effective strategies to implement P&T Committee-directed formulary conversions with the medical team.
David (Nick) Patterson, PharmD, BCPS. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Joee Frattali, CPhT Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Lindsay A. Morris, PharmD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
LCDR Giao Phung, PharmD, MS, MBA. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 6.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 6.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 6.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-23-068-L05-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 6.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 6.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.