May 2021 HS Nurses’ Week D06: TAMC Adult ICU COVID-19 Lessons Learned
The purpose of this presentation is to perform a deep dive into the lessons learned in the Adult ICU at Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC). Hawaii was not plagued by an overwhelming amount of COVID-19 patients. TAMC was presented with the challenge of addressing these patients while maintaining standard hospital operations.
This activity is designed to meet the needs of Physicians, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Social Workers, Certified Counselors, Healthcare Executives, and other health care professionals. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Assess the need for a dedicated COVID-19 Unit.
- Discuss TAMC's bed expansion plan in the Adult ICU/ COVID-19 Unit.
- Explain Buddy Team Nursing.
- Discuss the nurse extender training initiatives that took place.
SSG Jason Mortham
Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC)
Adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC)
Lt. Col. Liberty Orada, MMOAS, MBA, BSN, RNC-OB
Policy and Programs, MTF Ops Division
Defense Health Agency (DHA) J-7, Education & Training Directorate
Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ)
Falls Church, Va.
- 0.50 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 0.50 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 0.50 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 0.50 hours for completing this Course activity.
- 0.50 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 0.50 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 0.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 0.50 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 0.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 0.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 0.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 0.50 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.