IACH Preceptor Development Course
Two day preceptor class open to administrative and clinical personnel. Course will be offered once a quarter to identified section preceptors, supervisors and subject matter experts. Topics of discussion include: -Preceptors Roles and Responsibilities -Developing goal setting while considering staff knowledge background and performance capability -Time management and delegation skills... and more
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, social workers, case managers, counselors, and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
1. Determine the preceptor’s roles and responsibilities within the Military Health System.
2. Correlate preceptor role responsibilities with specific performance expectations.
3. Specify preceptor roles in regards to accountability, delegation, and appropriate assignments.
4. Integrate adult learning principles, generational factors and learning styles to improve preceptee outcomes.
5. Establish goal setting with consideration of standardized knowledge and performance criteria that provide evidence of capability.
6. Establish components of the training plan.
7. Distinguish the clinical preceptor’s impact on transition to the workplace.
8. Given a scenario, construct a training plan for the first 2 weeks of clinical.
9. Formulate strategies to foster the preceptee’s time management and organizational skills.
10. Create practice techniques to expand the preceptee’s critical thinking capabilities.
1. Examine two types of feedback and their uses to provide accurate, timely and ongoing feedback.
2. Given sample verbal feedbacks, critique their effectiveness based on principles of feedback.
3. Given a scenario, develop a performance based written feedback IAW local policy.
4. Evaluate your own conflict management style and level of burn out.
5. Given a scenario, develop strategies to resolve or minimize conflict within a challenging situation.
6. Describe a management approach for dealing with a poor performer or one with a poor attitude.
MAJ Heather Barton, MHCA, BSN, RN
Chief of Simulation and Professional Development
Irwin Army Community Health
Mrs. Jessica Heffner, MSN, BSN, RN
Chief of Education
Irwin Army Community Health
- 10.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 10.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 10.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 10.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 10.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-19-146-L04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 10.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 10.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-19-146-L04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 10.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 10.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 10.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 10.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This live course is offered at 1 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 10.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 10.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 10.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 10.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 10.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 10.00 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 10.00 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: Approval Number: 190003996
- 10.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 10.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 10.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- 10.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 10.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.