DHA Forensic Healthcare Program Series – Nurse Case Management, 27 JUN 2022
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, social workers, and psychologists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Define nurse case management.
- Identify how nurse case management is utilized within forensic healthcare, the Sexual Assault Response and Prevention (SAPR) program, and the Family Advocacy Program (FAP) program.
- Review screening tips to determine patient needs and maximize resource allocation.
- Discuss methods for documenting care and tracking services.
- Identify the various means by which a nurse case manager can aide in the coordination and/or transition of care.
Anne-Marie Barlow MSN, BSN, SANE-A, SANE-P, SAMFE. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.50 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.50 hours for completing this Course activity.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 1.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.50 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.