CAOHC Course Director Certification Workshop
CAOHC approved Military Representatives will provide an 8hr workshop for hearing conservation professionals seeking certification or re-certification as Course Directors. The Workshop will take place virtually through MS Teams on 9 March 2023 from 0800 - 1700 EST. CD certification is required to train and certify hearing technicians conducting surveillance audiometry across the Department of Defense as part of the Service Hearing Conservation Program.
This activity provides continuing education for: physicians and nurses. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Plan and conduct an Occupational Hearing Conservationist (OHC) course that complies with Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC's) policies and procedures.
- Apply effective learning principles to teach adult students.
- Evaluate the skill level of OHCs during the practicum.
- Adjust curricula and training methodologies based on outcome measures.
COL Amy Blank AuD, MS. has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
LTC Andy Merkley AuD, CCC-A, CPS/A. has no relevant financial information to disclose. LTC Merkley discloses his relevant non-financial relationship as a representative of the Military Audiology Association on the CAOHC Council.
Lt Col John Foster, USAF, BSC, CCC-A. has no relevant financial information to disclose. Lt Col Foster discloses his relevant non-financial relationship as a representative of the Military Audiology Association on the CAOHC Council.
- 6.50 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 6.50 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 6.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.