Webinar 1: Introduction to SCM-P Pathway and Brief Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Pain Skills
The Stepped Care Model (SCM) for pain supports evidence-based, comprehensive management of acute and chronic pain for all enrolled patients. This workshop aims to train primary care pain champions to implement the SCM for pain in their patient-centered medical homes (PCMH).
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Integrate behaviorally-based treatment principals for pain into the primary care manager‘s (PCM) appointments.
- Describe behaviorally-based interventions for pain to patients.
- Reinforce behavioral health consultant’s (BHC) treatments for pain.
Jennifer Bell, MD
Branch Chief, Primary Care Behavioral Health
Psychological Health Center of Excellence, Defense Health Agency
Christopher L. Hunter, Ph.D., ABPP
CAPT, US Public Health Service
DoD Program Manager for Behavioral Health in Primary Care
Clinical Support Division, Defense Health Agency
- 3.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 3.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 3.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 3.00 hours for completing this activity.
- 3.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-20-153-H04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 3.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 3.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 3.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 3.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA J-7 CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) to provide continuing education for the health care team.