VCE 16 DEC 2022: Blue Light and the Warfighter Eye: What You Need To Know
December 16, 2022
This is the monthly Vision Center of Excellence Ocular Trauma and Vision Readiness Video TeleConference (VCE OTVR VTC). This conference discusses ocular trauma cases and vision readiness topics from around the Department of Defense (DoD), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, and optometrists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Define what blue light is.
- Determine the origin of blue light.
- Discuss the potential damage it can give to the eyes, and the studies supporting or refuting that claim.
- Identify the concerns about links to insomnia.
- Summarize the use of blue light glasses.
- Outline other technology that can prevent blue light exposure.
Live in person COPE Course ID #:
Live in person COPE Activity/Event #:
Virtual: Bethesda, MD
Please contact Dr. Andrew Morgenstern for the webinar link:
MAJ Andrew J. Bodwell, O.D., F.A.A.O.
Chief, Eye Services
Keller Army Community Hospital
United States Military Academy
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #: 82096-PB
COPE Activity/Event #: 125182
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.