USU: Communication in Healthcare, 26 APR 2022
This interactive workshop highlights the use of several “tools” to improve patient interaction, communication and connection. Via group discussion, modeling and small group practice, learners utilize mindfulness, presence, and a patient empathy pneumonic (RELATIONS) to enhance communication skills while dealing with coworkers and patients. Additionally, participants will practice reflective listening, open ended interview techniques, and the use of gratefulness as a communication tool. While many of these skills are already known to learners, it is valuable to practice them in a health care setting and to emphasize their use in military health care.
This CE/CME activity is accredited by the DHA, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for physicians and nurses. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Comprehend the importance of effective communication in healthcare in creating a culture of excellence for patients and fellow caregivers.
- Identify tools to improve patient interaction, communication, and connection.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques such as reflective listening, open ended interview techniques, etc.
Lt. Col. Jeanmarie Rey, MD, FAAFP. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 4.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 4.00 hours for completing this Course, Internet Live Course activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course, Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course, Internet Live Course for a maximum of 4.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 4.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 4.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.