TBICoE: Military Acute Concussion Evaluation 2 (MACE 2) 2023
The goal of the traumatic brain injury (TBI) MACE 2 Provider Training is to distinguish high level changes in the Military Acute Concussion Evaluation 2 (MACE 2) including specific updates and evidence to support the changes. These changes include an expanded assessment by the addition of the Vestibular Ocular Motor Screening (VOMS), cervicogenic symptoms and enhanced balance assessment. The provider training will also show how the MACE 2 improves the current standard of care for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) management.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, athletic trainers, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, physical therapists, and physical therapist assistants. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Define traumatic brain injury (TBI) according to the Department of Defense
- Identify key features of the Military Acute Concussion Evaluation 2 (MACE 2)
- Explain the importance of a thorough and accurate concussion evaluation by demonstrating performance of each test within the MACE 2
- Describe how the MACE 2 improves the current standard of care for traumatic brain injury (TBI) identification and management.
- Recognize how accurate documentation and coding are essential for continuity of care.
Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence Regional Education Coordinators. Presenter has no financial or non- financial relationships to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 3.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 3.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 3.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 3.00 hours for completing this Course activity.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 3.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 304. This Distance Learning-Interactive course is offered at 0.3 CEUs, intermediate, foundational knowledge. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 3.00 APTAAmerican Physical Therapy Association (APTA)The DHA, J-7, CEPO is an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive 0.3 APTA CEUs. The assignment of APTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by APTA. APTA CEUs are accepted by most state PT licensing boards. Learners are encouraged to check with their local chapter or state board to ensure that they accept APTA accredited courses for licensure renewal.
- 3.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 3.00 BOCBoard of Certification for the Athletic Trainer (BOC)The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (BOC AP #: P12034) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers (ATs). This program is eligible for a maximum of 3.00 hours/Continuing Education Units (CEUs). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- 3.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 3.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.