*Requirement: The learner must complete the activity and pass the posttest in the DHA Learning Management System (JKO) prior to claiming CE credit. (https://jkodirect.jten.mil). The Access Code to register for the course will be provided upon completion of the course in JKO*
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, social workers, psychologists, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and certified counselors.
- Review the stages of sleep by their clinical and polysomnography (PSG) characteristics.
- Describe the strategic use of caffeine and naps.
- Discuss when and how to use the psychomotor vigilance test (PVT) versus the multiple sleep latency test (MSLT) and the maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT).
- Outline the role of sleep on cognition and the musculoskeletal system.
- Learn tactics to help children fall asleep and stay asleep to improve parental performance at work.
- Utilize the actigraphy accompanied sleep log and provide treatment based on the result.
- Teach different ways to manage sleep apnea to patient populations and other groups.
- Distinguish between the two main types of home sleep tests (HSTs).
- Compare and contrast oral appliance versus continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment.
- Select devices with capabilities to address specific sleep-related disorders within patients.
- Examine ways to pull soldiers “out of the hole” using sleep tactics.
- Apply sleep tactics to enhance metabolic control.
Shelley R. Knowles, M.D., F.A.A.S.M. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 9.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 9.00 hours for completing this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity.
- 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity for a maximum of 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 9.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 04921. This course is offered at 0.9 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 9.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 9.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 9.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 9.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 9.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 9.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 9.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 9.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at email@example.com.