Surgical & Invasive Procedure Telementoring - Live Demonstration - Virtual, 30 SEPT 2021
This special webinar is an extension of the DHA Clinical Community Speaker Series presentation entitled “Digital Surgery – Telementoring & Beyond” that was held on 26 AUG2 021. During the webinar, a more in-depth understanding will be provided along with a live demonstration of several specialties. This capability strategically aligns with Defense Health Agency Medical Affairs lines of effort and leverages advances in technology to expand surgical expertise and improve surgical patient care within the DHA.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, and physician assistants. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Summarize Surgical Telementoring efforts in the DHA.
- Identify use case scenarios that would benefit from surgical telehealth in the military.
- Describe the benefits and challenges of establishing a telementoring program in the DHA.
CAPT Gordon G. Wisbach, M.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.S., F.A.S.M.B.S. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose
- 2.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 2.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 2.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 2.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 2.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.