Supporting Patients During Opioid Taper-IBHC Consultation Call #2
This activity provides continuing education for psychologists and social workers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Describe a motivational interviewing approach to assist patients during an opioid taper.
- Describe how continuity consultation can be used to assist patients during an opioid taper.
- Apply evidence-based methods for assisting patients during an opioid taper to case-based clinical scenarios.
Anne C. Dobmeyer, Ph.D., ABPP, CAPT, U.S. Public Health Service. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Tiffany Milligan, PsyD., MBA. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Kent A. Corso, PsyD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Monica L. Cline, PsyD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Bradford West Applegate, Ph.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Jeffrey T. Reiter, Ph.D., ABPP. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 1.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.