Sickle Cell Trait: What You Need To Know
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, occupational therapists, social workers, psychologists, athletic trainers, kinesiotherapists, physical therapists and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Identify four medical conditions for which members with sickle-cell trait (SCT) are at increased risk.
- Outline the symptoms of exercise collapse associated with sickle-cell trait (ECAST) & determine how to mitigate the risk of ECAST.
- Explain all of the newly implemented Service specific mandates for medical providers regarding members with sickle cell trait.
Army COL Jay Dintaman, M.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Army LTC Yolonda Stephens, B.S.N. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Air Force Lt. Col. Carlton Covey, M.D., M.Ed., F.A.A.F.P. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity.
- 1.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 1.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-21-243-H04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 1.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Enduring Material (Home Study) for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 3112. This course is offered at 0.1 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 1.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.00 APTAAmerican Physical Therapy Association (APTA)The DHA, J-7, CEPO is an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive 0.1 APTA CEUs. The assignment of APTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by APTA. APTA CEUs are accepted by most state PT licensing boards. Learners are encouraged to check with their local chapter or state board to ensure that they accept APTA accredited courses for licensure renewal.
- 1.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 1.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 BOCBoard of Certification for the Athletic Trainer (BOC)The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (BOC AP #: P12034) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers (ATs). This program is eligible for a maximum of 1.00 hours/Continuing Education Units (CEUs). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- 1.00 COPSKTProvider # is 101221
This continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 1.00 contact hours/0.1 CEU. DHA, J-7, CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.