Sickle Cell Trait: What You Need to Know
Requirement: The learner must complete the activity and pass the posttest in JKO prior to claiming CE credits.
“Sickle Cell Trait: What You Need to Know” is a one CE enduring (also known as Home Study) course hosted on JKO. The goal is to give providers education and tools to better educate individuals that are sickle cell trait positive, including how to counsel military members who have this condition. Providers are mandated to educate all service members with sickle cell trait and this course gives useful, clinically relevant material in order to educate themselves and their patients on sickle cell trait.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Healthcare Executives, Psychologists, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Occupational Therapists, Kinesiotherapists and Other Professionals.
- Associate four medical conditions for which members with sickle-cell trait (SCT) are at increased risk.
- Recognize the symptoms of exercise collapse associated with sickle-cell trait (ECAST) & determine how to mitigate the risk of ECAST.
- Recall all of the newly implemented Air Force specific mandates for medical providers regarding members with sickle cell trait.
Lt. Col. Carlton Covey, M.D., M.Ed., F.A.A.F.P. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity.
- 1.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 1.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-20-066-H05-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 1.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 1.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AOTA1.000.1 AOTA CEUs. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office is an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive
- 1.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 1.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 COPSKTThis continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 1.00 contact hours/0.1 CEU. DHA J-7 CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA J-7 CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) to provide continuing education for the health care team.