SERE Psychology Grand Rounds: Post-Isolation Support Activity (PISA) Reintegration After-Action Review, 2 FEB 2023
Despite their qualification to do so, most SERE psychologists will not participate in real-world reintegration events. As a result, they often have gaps in knowledge and experience relating to real-world reintegration events. This educational activity will provide the participants the opportunity to analyze and evaluate recent real-world personnel recovery efforts in accordance with best practices and industry standards.
This activity provides continuing education for psychologists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Identify lessons learned by SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape) psychologists involved in a recent Post-Isolation Support Activity (PISA).
- Describe interagency considerations for SERE psychologists who support personnel recovery events within the US Government.
- Review important considerations for personnel recovery events that involve short-fused mission notification and multiple returnees.
- Summarize foundational psychological principles that should guide SERE psychologists during any real-world reintegration event.
MAJ Natalia Cardona, PsyD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
LCDR Daniel Northington, PhD, ABPP. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
MAJ Grant Beaman, PsyD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 2.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 2.00 hours for completing this activity.
- 2.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 2.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 2.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 2.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at email@example.com.