RHCE: 2020 Fall Medical Surgical Conference: Nursing Track 18 NOV 2020
The Regional Health Command Europe (RHCE) Fall 2020 Medical Surgical Conference provides an educational forum which highlights and fosters innovative medical breakthroughs/best practices, provider updates on the latest evidence-based medicine, and exposes active duty staff to Individual Critical Task List (ICTL) training in a formal educational environment. As new and improved methods of practice, evidence and care are discovered, this conference allows our healthcare workers to have better opportunities to share and advance their practice and improve patient care. Embracing innovation allows our military providers to stay mission ready and benefits all patients in the European theatre.
Physicians, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Social Workers, Case Managers, Healthcare Executives and Certified Counselors.
All other health care professionals completing this CE/CME activity will be issued a Certificate of Attendance indicating participation and the number of hours of CE/CME credit. This may be used for submission to licensing boards for satisfaction of CE/CME requirements.
- Describe how multidisciplinary virtual health (VH) care facilitates a more patient-centric and readiness model of care.
- Demonstrate how virtual health may increase patient compliance and personalization of care using tools like the CAS and THAIBS.
- Summarize how MEDDAC Bavaria differing clinics supported their diverse populations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Summarize Workplace Violence (WPV) and the different types as outlined by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Explain suggested algorithms to guide worker on worker WPV response, whether a staff member or in a supervisory position.
- Identify a model that incorporates a “Just Culture”.
- Verbalize the difference between Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) metrics and Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG’s).
- Articulate the 28 DHA focused HEDIS measures and how these translate into quality patient care.
- Explain how future science and technology products may contribute to nursing work.
- Describe one technological influence on future healthcare.
Virtual via Adobe Connect or MS Teams
Judith A. Parow, BSN.
James Oliver White, PA.
MAJ Shawn P. Ashpole, RN.
Capt Virgie T. Vince-Cruz, NC-MSN, RN.
LTC William O. Murray, MSN, APRN, ACNS-BC, RN-BC.
Jamie L. Brokaw, MSN, RN.
Lori A. Loan, PhD, RN, FAAN.
- 7.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 7.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 7.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 7.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 7.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 7.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 7.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 7.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 7.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 7.00 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 7.00 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: C00043718 Approval Number: 200138633
- 7.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 7.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 7.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.