RHCE 2019 Fall Medical Surgical Conference: Optometry: Day 1
This CE activity is accredited by the DHA J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, optometrists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, social workers, counselors, kinesiotherapists, and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
1. Comprehend the Dry Eye Epidemiology.
2. Identify types of Dry Eye and their etiologies.
3. Assess different diagnosis and treatment options for Dry Eye.
4. Recognize the dry eye paradigm shift.
5. Comprehend the OCONUS referral process for Host Nation tertiary care with the Patient’s perspective in mind.
6. Differentiate between potential infectious etiologies that can cause a corneal ulcer.
7. Formulate a treatment plan for the presence of an infectious corneal ulcer.
8. Produce practical and clinically based information regarding the current trends in medical management.
9. Outline the comprehensive evaluation process to diagnose ocular conditions and discuss treatment options.
10. Appraise information from various forms of research materials and literature as it applies to diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders.
11. Develop a better understanding so that an informed choice on the use of various drugs and treatment modalities can be made.
12. Summarize medical management options that will allow all in attendance to gain more confidence in their assessment and treatment of the challenges encountered.
13. Defend the need of continually literature review in order to stay abreast of evolving advances in medical management.
|21-Nov-19||1010||Dr. Michael A. Santarlas||Is it Dry In here? Dry Eye Epidemiology, Diagnosis and Treatments|
|21-Nov-19||1110||Capt. Amy C. Molina||Ulcer and Treatment- My Experience|
|21-Nov-19||1330||Dr. Melton||Eye Care Update Part 1|
|21-Nov-19||1530||Dr. Melton||Eye Care Update Part 2|
- Dr. Michael A. Santarlas has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Capt. Amy C. Molina has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Dr. Melton has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Randall Thomas, O.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- The views expressed in this presentation are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of Defense (DoD), nor the U.S. Government.
- This continuing education activity is managed and accredited by the Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (DHA J-7 CEPO). DHA J-7 CEPO and all accrediting organizations do not support or endorse any product or service mentioned in this activity.
- DHA J-7 CEPO staff, as well as activity planners and reviewers have no relevant financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- Commercial support was not received for this activity.
- 6.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 6.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 6.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 6.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 6.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 6.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This course is offered at 0.6 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 6.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 6.00 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #: Morning: 65567-AS -- Afternoon: 65568-PH
COPE Activity/Event #: 118535
- 6.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 6.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 6.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.00 COPSKTProvider # is 112119
This continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 6.00 contact hours/0.6 CEU. DHA, J-7, CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 6.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 6.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- 6.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 6.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.