RHCE 2019 Fall Medical Surgical Conference: Anesthesia: Day 2
Day 2 (6.00 clock hours)
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, social workers, kinesiotherapists, counselors, and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
1. Identify 5 Newly Utilized Regional Anesthetic Locations
2. Outline Risks and Benefits of New Locations
3. Demonstrate the actions taken for our OR and ICU patients
4. Explain why we are changing our practice to perform the correct actions for our OR and ICU patients.
5. Explain Gastric Ultrasound (GU) Point of Care Assessments (POCA)
6. Identify the uses for GU POCA.
7. Review current data on prolonged neuromuscular blockade and best practices to prevent its occurrence
8. Discuss the basics of neuromuscular blockade and neuromuscular monitoring
9. Discuss the importance of Anesthesia Compliance.
10. Review ways to follow an Anesthesia Compliance Plan.
11. Describe key principals in Joint Trauma Service Damage Control Resuscitation (DCR).
12. Compare the use of Fresh Whole Blood (FWB) versus Component Therapy in DCR.
|0900||Dr. Shelly C. Ferrell||Five New Peripheral Nerve Blocks|
|1010||Maj. Jessica C. Bright||Confessions of an Anesthesia Hit Man: How Actions in the OR and ICU Affect Long Term Outcome|
|1110||Maj. Michael F. D'Amore||Gastric Point of Care Ultrasound for Gastric Volume Assessment|
|1330||Maj. Vincent A. Diaz||Sugammadex: An Update|
|1430||Dr. Michael G. Kidd||Anesthesia Compliance|
|1540||Maj. Cary N. Carter||Damage Control Resuscitation|
- Dr. Shelly C. Ferrell has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Maj. Jessica C. Bright has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Maj. Michael F. D'Amore has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Maj. Vincent A. Diaz has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Dr. Michael G. Kidd has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Maj. Cary N. Carter has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- The views expressed in this presentation are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of Defense (DoD), nor the U.S. Government.
- This continuing education activity is managed and accredited by the Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (DHA J-7 CEPO). DHA J-7 CEPO and all accrediting organizations do not support or endorse any product or service mentioned in this activity.
- DHA J-7 CEPO staff, as well as activity planners and reviewers have no relevant financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- Commercial support was not received for this activity.
- 6.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 6.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 6.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 6.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This live course is offered at 0.6 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 6.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 6.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 6.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 6.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.00 COPSKTProvider # is
This continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 6.00 contact hours/0.6 CEU. DHA, J-7, CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 6.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 6.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- 6.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 6.00 hours for completing this activity.