RHCE 2019 Fall Medical Surgical Conference: Anesthesia: Day 1
Day 1 (6.00 clock hours)
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, social workers, kinesiotherapists, counselors, and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
1. Review and understand basic opioid pharmacology, common side effects, and risks of use.
2. Select opioid alternatives, their side effects, and proper times of use.
3. Identify indications for and types of CIEDs.
4. Differentiate pre-, intra-and post-operative assessment and management of CIEDs.
5. Outline metrics used to judge OR efficiency.
6. Present solutions to improve OR efficiency.
7. Recognize the challenges we face in providing NORA.
8. Develop plans and systems for mitigating risk in the NORA environment.
9. Explain the triggering agents of Malignant Hyperthermia.
10. Outline the treatment for Malignant Hyperthermia.
11. Review 2018 Updated Anticoagulation Guidelines.
12. Identify polypharmacy anticoagulation risks.
|0900||Maj. Vincent A. Diaz||Opiod Sparing Anesthesia|
|1010||Maj. Zachary J. Kufahl||Perioperative Management of CIED|
|1110||Dr. Michael G. Kidd||Operating Room Efficiency Metrics|
|1330||Maj. Steven J. Durning||Safety Considerations for Non-Operating Room Anesthesia (NORA)|
|1430||Ms. Margaret J. Trevino||Malignant Hyperthermia for the Patient|
|1540||Maj. James J. Ernst||2018 ASRA Anticoagulation Guidelines|
- Maj. Vincent A. Diaz has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Maj. Zachary J. Kufahl has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Dr. Michael G. Kidd has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Maj. Steven J. Durning has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Ms. Margaret J. Trevino has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- Maj. James J. Ernst has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- The views expressed in this presentation are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of Defense (DoD), nor the U.S. Government.
- This continuing education activity is managed and accredited by the Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (DHA J-7 CEPO). DHA J-7 CEPO and all accrediting organizations do not support or endorse any product or service mentioned in this activity.
- DHA J-7 CEPO staff, as well as activity planners and reviewers have no relevant financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- Commercial support was not received for this activity.
This CE activity is provided by the DHA J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for psychologists and social workers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- 6.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 6.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 6.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 6.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 AOTA6.000.6 AOTA CEUs. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office is an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive
- 6.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 6.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 6.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 6.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.00 COPSKTThis continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 6.00 contact hours/0.6 CEU. DHA J-7 CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 6.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA J-7 CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 6.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- 6.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 6.00 hours for completing this activity.