RHCE 10 JUN – 1 JUL 2021: Summer Conference – Pediatrics Track, DAY 1: 30 JUN
- Eyes from Start to Finish: Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Pediatric Tracheostomy Basics
- Strictly Germany
- Review of Annual Action Plan Clinical Report on Autism
- Gender Dysphoria and Transgender Care in Youth
- Physicians, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Social Workers, Certified Counselors
- All other health care professionals completing this CE/CME activity will be issued a Certificate of Attendance indicating participation and the number of hours of CE/CME credits, which may be used for submission to licensing boards for satisfaction of CE/CME credits.
- Comprehend retinopathy of prematurity (ROP).
- Outline treatment and disposition of ophthalmology emergencies.
- Explain the indications, operative steps, and postop management of pediatric tracheostomy.
- Discuss how to choose which size is best for each age group.
- Summarize the German water fluoride concentration and the clinical need for supplementation.
- Recognize, diagnose, and treat Lyme disease.
- Describe the use of appropriate screening tools for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- Identify resources available for adolescents with ASD.
- Know the criteria for starting transgender youth on Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists versus sex hormone treatment.
- Review common regimens for masculinizing hormone therapy.
Track: Pediatrics Track Leader(s): MAJ Aaron C. Dahlin Classroom: Virtual
Thursday, 30 June 2021
Friday, 1 July 2021
Email distribution with log in information/registration materials
(1 month before track start date)
Email Distribution of Registration packet (1 week before track start date)
Follow up email of registration packet
(1 day before track start date)
Pre-recorded Opening Remarks 20 min
COL Contino- 10 min
BG Thompson - 10 min Administrative Notes
Lt Col Joshua Sacha (0800-0900)
Eyes from Start to Finish: Pediatric Opthalmology
MAJ Brad Ballard
Urticaria and Angioedema
Lt Col Joshua Sacha
Pediatrtic Tracheostomy Basics
LTC Derek J. Rogers
Annual Action Plan Practice Guidelines for Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
COL Adam Huillet
MAJ Aaron C. Dahlin
Medical Nutrition Therapy and Pediatrics
On your own
PM Question Session 1200-1230
On your own (1230)
Review of Annual Action Plan Clinical Report on Autism
COL Adam Huillet
Gender Dysphoria and Transgender Care in Youth
Lt Col Joshua Smalley
Virtual – Landstuhl, Germany
2021 RHCE Summer CME Conference content page:
ATTENDANCE REGISTRATION LINK (CAC login required)
DIAL-IN VIA CISCO JABBER:
MAJ Brad Ballard, M.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
LTC Derek J. Rogers, M.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
MAJ Aaron C. Dahlin, D.O. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
COL Adam Huillet, M.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Lt. Col. Joshua M Smalley, D.O. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 5.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 5.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 5.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 5.00 hours for completing this activity.
- 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 5.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 5.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 5.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 5.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 5.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 5.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.