Pain Care Coordinator
This activity provides continuing education for nurses. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Provide pain care coordination for patients with pain in the patient-centered medical home (PCMH).
- Administer the Defense and Veterans Pain Rating Scale (DVPRS).
- Explain key self-management for pain messages to patients.
- Describe the role of the internal behavioral health consultant (IBHC) for patients with chronic pain.
- Perform monthly opioid registry data pulls.
Silver Spring, MD
Jennifer Bell, MD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 1.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.