MRC-Europe 2022 Fall Conference – 2 NOV 2022 DAY 2: ANESTHESIA TRACK
Physicians, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Physical Therapists, and a Certificate of Attendance.
- Describe the risk factors for PPH and the challenges associated with its early detection and treatment.
- Review the medical and nonmedical management of PPH.
- Summarize the role of fibrinogen in the setting of PPH and the complications associated with massive transfusion.
- Cite associations of spinal and general anesthesia use on perioperative outcomes.
- Recognize that clinician bias is present and difficult to overcome in existing studies.
- Review the limitations of existing outcomes research.
- Discuss special considerations for the austere environment.
- Compare historical combat trauma and treatment modalities in military medicine.
- Differentiate between the capabilities of the USAF GST and USA FRSD.
- Analyze anatomic issues associated with positioning problems.
- Describe the likely etiologies of various positioning problems.
- Develop plans that minimize the risk of intraoperative patient positioning.
- Summarize the impact of the Covid pandemic, globally, nationally, and locally on a large metropolitan hospital in suburban Washington, D.C.
- Describe the “Covid Aftershock” and the ongoing devastation on the healthcare and public health in the United States.
- Discuss the elements of recovery from the Covid pandemic.
- Consider how we should rebuild and prepare for the next pandemic.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the military and civilian healthcare systems.
- List career opportunities for physicians.
- Articulate the steps in the transition process.
- Review the lessons learned from my transition.
- Appreciate the variety of civilian Healthcare Administration opportunities.
Army CPT Michael Williams, M.D.
Bradford B. Smith, M.D., F.A.S.E.
USAF Lt Col Michael D’Amore, M.D.
USAF Maj Milt Poll M.D.
Monica W. Harbell, M.D., F.A.S.A.
- 6.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 6.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 6.00 hours for completing this activity.
- 6.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-22-240-L04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 6.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 6.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-22-240-L04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 6.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 6.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 APTAAmerican Physical Therapy Association (APTA)The DHA, J-7, CEPO is an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive 0.6 APTA CEUs. The assignment of APTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by APTA. APTA CEUs are accepted by most state PT licensing boards. Learners are encouraged to check with their local chapter or state board to ensure that they accept APTA accredited courses for licensure renewal.
- 6.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at email@example.com.