Military Refractive Surgery: Update, Technology and the Future
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, optometrists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Review historical and current parameters for patient selection, surgical modality selection and laser options.
- Differentiate military readiness, current branch and MOS requirements for eligibility and candidacy for refractive surgery.
- Explain the clinical treatment and management of refractive surgery complications
- Discuss the most recent capabilities for treatment of keratoconus and corneal ectasia, highlighting pre- and post-operative care.
- Summarize combat support information reported to the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch (AFHSB) Defense Medical Surveillance System (DMSS) regarding the results of the 18-year surveillance of corneal ectasia data.
LTC (r) James D. Colgain, OD USAF
Department of Ophthalmology
Refractive Surgery Center
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 1.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #: 67811-RS
COPE Activity/Event #: 119221
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA J-7 CEPO. DHA J-7 CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) to provide continuing education for the health care team.