Military Injury Prevention Research to Practice Education Series: Bringing Injury Prevention and Physical Performance Science to the Field, 3 AUG 2023
The Military Research to Practice Education Series is co-sponsored by Army Public Health Center (APHC) Injury Prevention and Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP) at the Uniformed Service University (USU). This series is designed to provide military medical providers and staff with information about a variety of topics related to injury and physical performance optimization. The series is managed and developed by the Military Injury Prevention Research to Practice Working Group. Each session features presentations from scientists or clinicians at key Department of Defense research and public health agencies that routinely focus on injury, physical performance, or health promotion.
To access this event:
Please click the "Venue" tab above for the link to access the event in Microsoft Teams.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, psychologists, athletic trainers, registered dieticians, dietetic technicians, physical therapists, and physical therapist assistants. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Identify Health of the Force (HOF) report elements, including Medical Metrics.
- Access online HOF resources, including the electronic version of the report and HOF Online dashboards.
- Interpret Army injury data presented in HOF.
- Differentiate between Basic Combat Training (BCT) and One Station Unit Training (OSUT) and describe their trends in injury rates 2017−2021.
- Describe the changes in BCT Program of Instruction (POI) during Initial Entry Training (IET) in 2020 and their impact on injury rates.
- Explain how the Health of the Force (HOF) Report leads to collaboration to inform installation injury prevention planning through Request for Information response and vignettes.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Or call in (audio only)
+1 410-874-6747,,193831430# United States, Odenton
Phone Conference ID: 193 831 430#
If this conference supports dial-in (e.g., shows a commercial number and conference ID), the following DSN numbers may also be used: East DSN 322-874-6747 | West DSN 322-874-6757
Lisa Ruth, PhD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Anna Renner, PhD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Ryan Steelman, MPH. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 1.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.00 APTAAmerican Physical Therapy Association (APTA)The DHA, J-7, CEPO is an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Approved Provider of continuing education. This activity was planned by and for the health care team, and learners will receive 0.1 APTA CEUs. The assignment of APTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by APTA. APTA CEUs are accepted by most state PT licensing boards. Learners are encouraged to check with their local chapter or state board to ensure that they accept APTA accredited courses for licensure renewal.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 BOCBoard of Certification for the Athletic Trainer (BOC)The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (BOC AP #: P12034) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers (ATs). This program is eligible for a maximum of 1.00 hours/Continuing Education Units (CEUs). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- 1.00 CDR
The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 1.00 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/material.
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at email@example.com.