Medical Center of Excellence (MEDCoE): Clinical Pharmacy Course – Day 3, 17 MAY 2023, Pharmacist
This activity provides continuing education for pharmacists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees
- Describe basic physical assessment skills performed by clinical pharmacists for the adult patient.
- Define normal and abnormal ranges of the four main vital signs for the adult patient.
- Evaluate diagnostic criteria and clinical presentation to differentiate types of diabetes.
- Review updates in clinical practice – clinical practice guidelines and primary literature.
- Summarize the Department of Defense (DoD) medical readiness screening process.
- Associate data tools available to pharmacy as they apply to Deployment Limiting Medical Conditions (DLMCs).
- Understand the burden of disease non-battle injuries on the military health system and mission accomplishment.
- Identify modifiable deployment limiting health conditions to target as part of improving medical readiness.
- Identify clinical applications and systems to streamline clinical pharmacy workflow.
- Describe how speech recognition software is applicable to patient encounter documentation and other typing functions.
Mayce N. Vinson, PharmD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Tabitha (Katie) Jessee, PharmD, BCACP, BC-ADM. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
MAJ Travis E. Whiteside, PharmD, BCPS. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Richard Allen Juneau, PharmD. Dr. Richard Juneau is a contractor with Vista Global Solutions, a subsidiary of Bristol Bay Native Corporation. All relevant financial relationships have been resolved.
Michael Clark, PharmD, BCACP. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 8.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 8.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 8.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-23-098-L99-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 8.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 8.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 8.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 8.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at email@example.com.