Management of Peri-ocular Burns
This activity directly impacts the detection and identification, treatment management and long term care of the individual with a peri-ocular burn, aims towards achieving ECP readiness for the individual with a peri-ocular burn, and a medically ready force to manage this condition.
Physicians, Nurses, Optometrists
At the end of the presentation, the participants will be able to:
- Differentiate the types and classifications of burns.
- Summarize burn resuscitation and total body mass surface area with particular attention to the systemic management of the patient
- Discuss and describe ocular issues in burn patients including diagnosis and evaluation, acute and chronic concerns, surgical intervention and management
210-249-4234 DSN 421-3272 CONUS/312-421-3272 OVERSEAS
CONFERENCE ID: 2371# PIN CODE: 776757#
*** The Conference ID and PIN are needed to Dial In***
VNC Audio Bridge dial in instructions and dial in number:
AUDIO ONLY PARTICIPANTS PLEASE DIAL: 210-249-4234 OR DSN 421-3272 ***Conference ID: 2160#
AUDIO PORTS RESERVED: 25 Available features during the conference:
*6 to Mute/Un-mute out of conference
*For Audio only participant’s / For Technical assistance during your active call, hang up and Dial 210-295-3200 Option 1.
ADOBE CONNECT LINK
Audio number has not changed, see below:
*** You can access Adobe connect from your government or personal device***
Enter with your DoD e-mail certificate, then click the join button.
To enter as a guest:
-Click on the Enter as a Guest Dial
-Enter your First & Last Name and organization
-Click on "Enter Room"
-Please wait for administrator to allow access -One you receive access, click on "allow" (acrobat/flash player) to view the presentation.
Brett Davies, MD, MS, Lt Col, MC, USAF
Oculoplastics & Orbital Surgery
Brooke Army Medical Center/Wilford Hall ASC Associate Professor of Surgery Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS)
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #:
COPE Activity/Event #:
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.