MACE 2 Training - Naples, Italy, 1-4 FEB 2022
The goal of the traumatic brain injury (TBI) MACE 2 Provider Training is to distinguish high level changes in the Military Acute Concussion Evaluation 2 (MACE 2) including specific updates and evidence to support the changes. These changes include an expanded assessment by the addition of the Vestibular Ocular Motor Screening (VOMS), cervicogenic symptoms and enhanced balance assessment. The provider training will also show how the MACE 2 improves the current standard of care for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) management.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and occupational therapists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Distinguish high level changes in the Military Acute Concussion Evaluation 2 (MACE 2) including specific updates and evidence to support the changes
- Employ assessment changes including the addition of the Vestibular Ocular Motor Screening (VOMS), cervicogenic symptoms and enhanced balance assessment.
- Show how MACE 2 improves the current standard of care for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) management.
Rachel Mote, MSN, RN, CCRN. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and content reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 3.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 3.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 3.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 304. This Distance Learning-Interactive course is offered at 0.3 CEUs, intermediate, foundational knowledge. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 3.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 3.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 3.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.