LTC Juanita Warman Nursing Excellence Conference
The 14th annual LTC Juanita Warman Nursing Excellence Conference started as a Unit Practice Council initiative. The nurses in the Medical-Surgical Department of Madigan were looking for additional educational opportunities. They decided to put on their own conference with continuing education credit. Since it began, co-chairs from the Medical-Surgical Department spearhead the annual conference. They seek out speakers of various expertise to help provide a diverse educational event. This year will be no different we have seven speakers with a variety of nursing expertise. The conference is going to be held both in-person and on a virtual platform. We expect over 100 participants to take part in the one-day conference.
This activity provides continuing education for nurses. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Recognize bioactive components of foods and their relationship to health.
- Summarize the impact of missed nursing care on patient safety and nurse satisfaction.
- Compare considerations for the future Operating Environment with current capabilities and capacities that address change within military medical research.
- Describe the general relationships between “individual clinical readiness” and the associated factors.
- Identify the initial steps required in research, EBP, or QI project facilitation and dissemination.
- Define obesity and impacts on health and wellness, weight bias, and obesity care needs in the outpatient/preoperative setting.
- Discuss treatment options with patients to address not only obesity, but that of conditions that might be caused by obesity (i.e.: HTN, DM2, OSA, joint pain, etc.,).
- Evaluate individual nursing practice and professional standing to find opportunities for growth and change.
- Recall various patient care and military nursing programs outlined within this conference.
American Lake Conference Center, Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washing / MS Teams
Ms. Caryn Green, B.S.N., RN. C.R.N.I., VA-BC. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
LTC Tanisha Currie, Ph.D., R.N. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
COL Christopher A. VanFosson, Ph.D, M.H.A., R.N., N.E.A.-BC. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
LTC Racheal L. Woo, Ph.D, D.N.P., A.C.C.N.S.-A.G., C.C.R.N.-K. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
COL Young J. Yauger. Ph.D., C.R.N.A. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Ms. Christina Yoon, B.S.N., B.A., R.N. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
MAJ Angela Samosorn Ph.D., R.N. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 7.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 7.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 7.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 7.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at email@example.com.