JMESI Healthcare Management Course: Class #47, 15-18 MAY 2023
This course is a Tri-Service event designed for first time clinical supervisors. The course provides them with the administrative tools to successfully manage their clinical areas. Topics discussed include:
-Tools available through the TRICARE Operations Center
-Efficient Scheduling and Utilization Management
One of the additional benefits to the attendees is the interaction that takes place among the group. Panel discussions allow the clinicians to ask direct questions and receive first-hand answers regarding management tools and practices that are or have the potential to impact the military health care management arena.
Selection for courses is made by each service. We recommend that you contact your Corps and/or Career Branch Manager for additional information.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, dentists, dental hygienists, dental technicians, and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Explain the capabilities of the Deputy Assistant Director (DAD) Healthcare Operations (HCO)
- Describe the responsibilities of the divisions of the DAD HCO.
- Describe the history and guiding principles of high reliability organizations and their applications to military healthcare.
- Describe Disability Evaluation System (DES) Purpose, Background and Key Elements.
- Summarize when a new Position Description (PD) is needed and how they are classified.
- Impose disciplinary action to address employee misconduct.
- Describe the principles and purpose of Acuity Analysis.
- Describe health care surveys available to Department of Defense (DoD) beneficiaries, veterans and TRICARE Members.
- Describe and Distinguish Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Conscientiousness (DISC) Behavioral Styles.
Defense Health Agency Senior Leadership Team. Presenters have no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and content reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 18.75 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 18.75 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 18.75 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 18.75 hours for completing this Course activity.
- 18.75 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 18.75 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 18.75 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-23-125-L99-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 18.75 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 18.75 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA-4008136-0000-23-125-L99-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 18.75 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 18.75 ADA
- 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity for a maximum of 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 18.75 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 18.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 18.75 Certificate of Attendance
- 18.75 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 18.75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.