JMESI Capstone Course for MHS Leaders, 18-22 July 2022
The JMESI Capstone Course is a pinnacle educational event for senior leaders in the Military Health System (MHS). Speakers include but are not limited to, the Service Surgeons General, senior leaders and staff from the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, Director DHA, the Surgeon General of the U.S., and the Department of Veterans Affairs. They present the most current information on issues such as hot topic health issues, HRO, TRICARE, military transformation, policy, and legislation.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, dentists, and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Recognize strategies used by the Program Executive Office Missiles and Space (PEO MS) and Department of Defense (DoD) to maintain information security controls.
- Explain how Defense Health Agency (DHA) Headquarter (HQ) Reorganization will improve execution and the evolving role of the Assistant Director for Support.
- Identify the top priorities of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Leadership.
- Summarize how to effectively communicate the role, mission and value of the Military Health System (MHS) and its components to a wide variety of audiences.
- Recognize strategies used by the Department of Defense (DoD) to maintain information security controls.
- Describe the Congressionally-mandated transitions for Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs), Public Health, and Research and Development.
- Explain how the Market Management Model will optimize health care delivery.
- Describe the benefits of the DHA transition.
- Summarize the key functions of the MHS Clinical Communities.
- Discuss how advancements in technology contribute to a more lethal, resilient, and rapidly innovating Joint Force.
- Identify the enlisted force’s role in supporting the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) Commander/Director’s goal and aims within a respective market or region
- Recognize roadblocks to effective communication based on audience.
Defense Health Agency Senior Leadership Team. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.