JKO DHA US332 DoD Mental Health Assessment Healthcare Personnel Training
This course is designed to train certified health care providers who are not independently licensed mental health professionals how to conduct the mental health assessment. This training provides extensive knowledge on the Mental Health Assessment policies and procedures, time line requirements, administration, scoring and interpretation of the measures that make up the Mental Health Assessment, intervention and referral guidelines, and a step-by-step breakdown of the Mental Health Assessment Person-to-Person provider interview process. Complete the course material (https://jkodirect.jten.mil/html/COI.xhtml?course_prefix=DHA&course_number=-US332) and then return here for posttest and Certs.
1. Describe the rationale and process for a staged mental health assessment.
2. Define the roles of trained and certified Providers in the mental health assessment process.
3. Identify the Service member’s behavioral health self-reporting questions and responses.
4. Review key assessment tools to identify symptoms of depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), alcohol use, and other mental health concerns.
5. Discuss the Mental Health Assessment Provider Review, Assessment, and Recommendations procedures.
6. Examine indications and options for mental health referrals.
7. Summarize mental health resources for Service members.
Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office staff, Deployment Health Branch staff, planning and review committees have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
This continuing education activity is provided through the collaboration of the Defense Health Agency (DHA) J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO) and Deployment Health Branch (DHB). This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, psychologists and social workers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- 2.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Enduring Material (Home Study) for a maximum of 2.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 2.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 2.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 2.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 2.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 2.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.