Integration of Mobile Health into Clinical Care 25-MAR-2020
This virtual workshop aims to train military providers on the core competencies of integrating mobile health technologies in clinical care, including mobile health applications and websites developed by the DoD/VA. In this training we will examine the present state of the field regarding best practices in mobile health integration in clinical care. We will dissect the five core mobile health clinical competencies for providers including: evidence base, clinical integration, security and privacy, ethics, cultural issues. We will be applying the core competencies through case scenarios and role modeling activities utilizing key DoD & VA developed mobile applications. This training takes a practical approach to learning and attendees will leave feeling competent to use such tools in their clinical practice.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, social workers, psychologists, counselors, case managers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Describe the value, opportunities and barriers in provider adoption of mobile health.
- Explain and apply the core competencies regarding mobile health in clinical care.
- Explain and apply the five steps for clinical integration of mobile health technology, and apply these steps in a role play demonstrations using a clinical scenario.
- Discuss common medical conditions in clinical care and the key steps in integrating mobile health to support symptom management and tracking.
- Demonstrate effective methods for introducing and prescribing mobile health applications for use in clinical care or for self-management of symptoms using the clinical models and clinical support tools provided.
- Identify and articulate security and privacy concerns and solutions related to using technology in clinical practice, and demonstrate the ability to address security and privacy questions posed by patients.
- Identify and articulate ethical and cultural concerns and solutions related to using ethics and addressing cultural considerations in clinical practice, and demonstrate the ability to address ethical and cultural questions posed by patients
Renee Cavanagh, Psy.D.
Connected Health Instructor
Support for Clearinghouse
Connected Health Branch, Defense Health Agency
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA
Julie Kinn, Ph.D.
Clinical and Research Psychologist
Lead: Technology Education and Training
Connected Health Branch
Department of Defense (DOD) Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- 4.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 4.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 4.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 4.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 4.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 4.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 4.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 4.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 4.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 4.00 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 4.00 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: S00041250 Approval Number: 200136158
- 4.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 4.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 4.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.