Integrating Digital Health Technology in the Military Health System 14-OCT-2020
This 2 hour webinar aims to train military care teams on the core competencies of integrating digital health technologies in the Military Health System. This activity focuses on explaining and applying the core competencies which include clinical integration and security and privacy concerns. Finally, we introduce and discuss the application of three relevant DOD/VA specific mobile apps to include: COVID Coach, PTSD Coach and AIMS.
This activity provides continuing education for social workers, psychologists, and counselors. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Explain and apply the core competencies regarding digital health in clinical care.
- Illustrate and apply the five steps for clinical integration of digital health technology.
- Outline and articulate security and privacy concerns and solutions related to using technology in clinical practice.
- Introduce and apply COVID Coach as a viable tool to help patients manage their stress during COVID-19.
- Adopt PTSD Coach and AIMS for Anger Management into current delivery of services for the treatment of PTSD and anger.
Julie Kinn, Ph.D.
Government Lead for the Education and Training Program
Defense Health Agency Clinical Support Division of Medical Affairs, Connected Health Branch
David Teachout, MS, MA, MHP
Healthcare Educator for the Education and Training Program
Defense Health Agency, Clinical Support Division of Medical Affairs, Connected Health Branch
- 2.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 2.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 2.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 2.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 2.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 2.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 2.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 2.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 2.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.