IACH Preceptor Course : A Guide to Successful Preceptorship 14-15 DEC-2020
One and half day preceptor class open to administrative and clinical personnel. Course will be offered once a quarter to identified section preceptors, supervisors and subject matter experts. Topics of discussion include: -Preceptors Roles and Responsibilities -Developing goal setting while considering staff knowledge background and performance capability -Time management and delegation skills... and more
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, optometrists, social workers, psychologists, dentists, dental hygienists, dental technicians, registered dieticians, dietetic technicians, counselors, healthcare executives, audiologists and speech language pathologists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
For instructional personnel disclosure information, please go to the Faculty Tab.
- Determine the preceptor’s roles and responsibilities within the Military Health System.
- Correlate preceptor role responsibilities with specific performance expectations.
- Specify preceptor roles in regards to accountability, delegation, and appropriate assignments.
- Integrate adult learning principles, generational factors and learning styles to improve preceptee outcomes.
- Establish goal setting with consideration of standardized knowledge and performance criteria that provide evidence of capability.
- Establish components of the training plan.
- Distinguish the clinical preceptor’s impact on transition to the workplace.
- Given a scenario, construct a training plan for the first 2 weeks of clinical.
- Formulate strategies to foster the preceptee’s time management and organizational skills.
- Create practice techniques to expand the preceptee’s critical thinking capabilities.
- Examine two types of feedback and their uses to provide accurate, timely and ongoing feedback.
- Given sample verbal feedbacks, critique their effectiveness based on principles of feedback.
- Given a scenario, develop a performance based written feedback IAW local policy.
- Evaluate your own conflict management style and level of burn out.
- Develop strategies to resolve or minimize conflict within a challenging situation.
- Describe a management approach for dealing with a poor performer or one with a poor attitude.
MAJ Heather Barton, MHCA, BSN, RN
Chief of Simulation and Professional Development
Ft. Riley, KS
SFC Maria Lourdes Riojas, LPN
NCOIC of Simulation and Education
Ft. Riley, KS
***Presenters have no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose relating to the content of this activity.
- 9.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 9.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 9.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 9.00 hours for completing this Course activity.
- 9.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 9.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 9.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-20-184-L04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 9.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 9.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-20-184-L04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 9.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 9.00 ADA
- 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity for a maximum of 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 9.00 ANCCDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity. Continuing Nursing Education activity for a maximum of 9.00 contact hours Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 9.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 9.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 9.00 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 9.00 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #: 70370-PB
COPE Activity/Event #: 120674
- 9.00 ASHA
Course # ABIT2008. This Course is offered for 0.9 ASHA CEUs (Advanced level, Professional area).).
- 9.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 9.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 9.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 9.00 CDR
The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 9.00 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/material.
- 9.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 9.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 9.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.