IACH Charge Nurse Course
This course is a closed, live event designed for the registered nurses in a leadership role. Effective communication, cross-training/float staff, roles and responsibilities, managing staff assignments and policies and procedures on the suicidal patient will all be discussed. Confidence and competence will be developed through offered tools and resources within this course, in order to facilitate growth of nurses as unit leaders. Irwin Army Community Hospital developed this course in response to a survey of their staff, to address specific gaps in their knowledge and skill set.
Experienced RN who is or may be in a charge nurse position
- Examine charge nurse roles and the importance of effective communication.
- Illustrate the roles of the charge nurse in cross-training and floating.
- Identify the need to notify leadership based off of roles of leadership and operations Commander’s critical information requirements (CCIR) list.
- Describe the Charge Nurse’s responsibility in assigning patient care.
- Illustrate the difference in rights between military and civilian patients.
- Describe the protocol to take when a patient is deemed high risk.
- 5.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 5.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 5.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.