Extremity and Amputation Center of Excellence Extension for Community Health Care Outcomes (EACE/ECHO): The Art of Self-Management for Persons with Lower Limb Loss (PwLLL)
This webinar will discuss self-management as it relates to persons with lower limb loss (PwLLL). It will also explain the different methods of self-management evaluation and provide practical strategies for the patient and caregivers in assessing progress
This (CE) activity is provided by the DHA J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for physicians, physical therapists and occupational therapists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Explain self-management as it relates to persons with lower limb loss (PwLLL).
- Describe the significance of self-management for PwLLL.
- Evaluate PwLLL’s ability to self-manage.
- Design a self-management intervention for PwLLL.
Daniel J. Lee, PT, DPT, GCS, COMT, Faculty at Touro College, NY
- Created self-management app, limbWISE
- Chair of the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine’s Limb Restoration Rehabilitation Credentialing Task Force
- Dissertation in progress: Self-management assessment measure for PwLLL
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 1.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this activity.