EACE ECHO: Combat-Related Heterotopic Ossification (HO) 27-MAY-2020
This webinar will discuss combat-related heterotopic ossification (HO). It will describe HO origins and evolution and its historical perspective. Surgical concerns and general operative principles will be explained. Finally, current HO research will be examined.
- Compare the common/conventional heterotropic ossification (HO) casualties.
- Explain the historic perspective of HO
- Describe origins of HO
- Evaluate surgical concerns of HO
COL Benjamin Kyle Potter, MD, FACS
Dr. Potter has been an orthopaedic oncologist since 2008 and has been at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center from its very beginning in August 2011.
Dr. Potter is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and an Associate Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University. He serves as the Director of Research on the Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons Board of Directors.
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This course is offered at 0.1 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance