DHA Introduction to A3 Thinking and Practical Problem Solving for Europe, 20 JAN 2022
Time: 1100 to 1315 Central European Time
This CE activity will present a basic introduction to the 8 Step Practical Problem solving process improvement methodology targeting any level or role of staff member in the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF). Participants are given overview of how Process Improvement (PI) is intended to align with organizational strategy, prioritized initiatives, and supporting projects, through DHA/Market/or MTF Campaign or strategic plans in order to ensure the improvement activity is supported by leaders and teams.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, optometrists, social workers, psychologists, dentists, dental hygienists, dental technicians, registered dieticians, dietetic technicians, certified counselors, kinesiotherapists, healthcare executives, audiologists, speech language pathologists.
- Describe the 8-Step Practical Problem-Solving (PPS) methodology.
- Discuss the A3 as the documentation and communication tool for the 8-Step PPS.
- Explain how the Defense Health Agency (DHA) has adopted the 8-Step PPS and A3 as the foundation of their continuous improvement program.
- Recognize and employ basic improvement tools.
- Define DHA Lean Leader Core Competencies.
|DHA Europe Virtual Training Intro to A3 2 Hr Student Information Sheet 20211027_2.pdf||312.35 KB|
Ms. Kelly Hardee Wheeler, MBA, MHA
J-5 Strategy Management, Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Branch
Defense Health Agency
No financial or non-financial relationships have been disclosed.
- 2.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 2.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 2.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 2.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 2.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 2.00 ACPE PharmacistUAN JA4008136-0000-22-087-L04-P
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacists. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 2.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 2.00 ACPE Pharmacy technicianUAN JA4008136-0000-22-087-L04-T
No valid paper/electronic statement of credit will be offered. DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) to provide continuing education for Pharmacy Technicians. This knowledge based activity will provide a maximum of 2.00 contact hours of pharmacy continuing education credit. Participant CE records will be electronically communicated to CPE Monitor. There is no cost to participate in this activity.
- 2.00 ADA
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 2.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 2.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 2.00 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 2.00 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #: 73455-PB
COPE Activity/Event #: 123194
- 2.00 ASHAAmerican Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
Course # is ABIT2030
Intermediate LevelDefense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is approved by the Continuing Education board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology, and audiology. ASHA CE Provider approval and use of the Brand Block does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products or clinical procedures.
0.2 ASHA CEUs
- 2.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 2.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 2.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 2.00 CDR
The Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 2.00 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/material.
- 2.00 COPSKTProvider # is 081821
This continuing education activity has been accredited by The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) to include 2.00 contact hours/0.2 CEU. DHA, J-7, CEPO accredits enterprise-wide continuing education activities for military and civilian health care professionals. These courses are critical to DHA’s goal of providing the best possible quality care to active duty service members, veterans, and their families.
- 2.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 2.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.