DHA Forensic Healthcare Program Series – Anal Injuries Associated with Sexual Contact, 27 SEP 2021
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, social workers and psychologists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Identify external and key internal anatomic structures associated with the anus/ rectum.
- Describe common preparatory methods employed by persons engaging in receptive anal intercourse.
- Recognize injuries associated with both consensual and non-consensual anal intercourse.
- Create an individualized plan of care for patients who have experienced anal trauma related to unwanted sexual contact.
Login into MS Teams 365 via a Government Computer. The link will not work if not logged in via the Government MS 365.
Web browser link: https://dod.teams.microsoft.us/l/meetup-join/19%3adod%3ameeting_88bac04b9da641a196635679fdb9ffa6%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22102d0191-eeae-4761-b1cb-1a83e86ef445%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22a6c62398-f237-426a-959f-914b013a85b4%22%7d
Listen via MS 365 TEAMS or use the Dial in Number: 410-874-6749 Pin ID 613 665 479#
Evangeline Barefoot, B.S.N., M.C.J., R.N., S.A.N.E.-A., S.A.N.E.-P. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.50 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.50 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.50 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.50 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 1.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.50 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.50 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 1.50 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.