Department of the Air Force HS: Hand Hygiene in Dental Healthcare Settings 2023
There are professional practice gaps in dental infection prevention and control (IPC), with a lack of awareness and inconsistencies of IPC practices in dental settings. This course is intended to educate dental personnel how to ensure a safe working environment utilizing IPC. Standard precautions for dental care will be identified and routes of transmission and prevention measures for infectious agents will be discussed with special consideration for the dental setting.
This activity provides continuing education for dentists, dental hygienists, and dental technicians. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Explain the relationship between hand hygiene and the spread of infection.
- Describe various of techniques of hand hygiene.
- Identify what to consider when selecting hand hygiene products.
- List appropriate methods of compliance and monitoring.
Col Kelli C. Mack, DDS.
Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Enduring Material (Home Study) activity.
- 1.00 ADA
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance