Defense Health Agency Virtual Chief Nurse Officer (CNO) Summit
This event is to ensure DHA's transition and the Agency’s priorities are being shared and any questions or concerns from DHA Leadership are elevated for visibility and action.
This activity provides continuing education for nurses and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Support integration and standardization of nursing capabilities across enterprise to fulfill requirements of both the operation and provision of care.
- Understand the intent and way ahead for DoD Nursing Functions and the alignment with the Services, specifically roles, responsibilities, and authority.
- Articulate DHA’s phased approach to the transition and how it aligns with the Quadruple Aim Performance Process (QPP).
- Discuss how QPP will standardize performance improvement across the MHS enterprise.
- Understand DHA’s process for Manning Requirements & Fulfillment.
- Understand how the DHA HQ and Market JTDs are development and maintenance.
- Summarize DAD-MA’s Targeted Improvement Priorities for New Markets.
- Understand role and framework of DHA Clinical Operations/Clinical Communities (CC) Model and relationship in implementation of Clinical Pathways and Clinical Process Improvement initiatives identified and adopted by the CC and the QPP, at the Market level.
- Explain roles of CNO and CMO serving as dual peer-integrators to ensure comprehensive/multi-disciplinary approach to policy development, governance decisions, and, ultimately, holistic delivery of patient care.
- Develop strategic goals for better integration and unified collaboration among clinical team.
- Understand the role and framework of DHA Clinical Quality Management.
- Articulate how DHA CQM Branch uses High Reliability Organization principles to attain increased mission readiness and high-value patient-centered clinical outcomes and health.
- 4.50 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 4.50 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 4.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 4.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 4.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.